The FIVE Churches of McCallsburg

From the very beginning of McCallsburg the Christian Faith has been very strong. There was East Bergen which was located just east of town and north. There was a Christian Congregation, but numbers were small and they went to Zearing. The Church building was sold to Liberty Lutheran Norwegian Church. It was there from 1893-1901. As in the name, it was Norwegian spoken in this church. It was moved to East Main St. on the north side. The Presbyterian's used it as well from 1895-1900, at which time the present Presbyterian Church was built and it sat across the street on the Southside. The Fifth Church of McCallsburg was Bethanea Lutheran Church. ( Bethany's original name.) The original building for this congregation was tore down in 1950 as they built a new and bigger church. Which is still in use today at its present location.

confirmation classes
confirmation classes

press to zoom
20x30 frame
20x30 frame

press to zoom
1937
1937

press to zoom
confirmation classes
confirmation classes

press to zoom
1/4
FotoJet
FotoJet

press to zoom
beth pg 1
beth pg 1

press to zoom
beth pg 3
beth pg 3

press to zoom
FotoJet
FotoJet

press to zoom
1/4
FotoJet (2)
FotoJet (2)

press to zoom
pres pg 1
pres pg 1

press to zoom
pres.pg 2
pres.pg 2

press to zoom
FotoJet (2)
FotoJet (2)

press to zoom
1/4
FotoJet (3)
FotoJet (3)

press to zoom
EAST BERGEN CHURCH_02
EAST BERGEN CHURCH_02

press to zoom
EAST BERGEN CHURCH_04
EAST BERGEN CHURCH_04

press to zoom
FotoJet (3)
FotoJet (3)

press to zoom
1/5
FotoJet (4)
FotoJet (4)

press to zoom
liberty history
liberty history

press to zoom
FotoJet (4)
FotoJet (4)

press to zoom
1/2